4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Displaying Japanese chars. as tooltip text (WinNT4 server / A2K SR1)

I need to, as a quick fix, paste in some Japanese text as the Tool Tip Text for certain fields. This works great in Win 2K and A2K. However, I can't seem to find a way to make it work in Win NT4 Server. I have reviewed MSKB Q177561 about adding and enabling different languages but I still can't paste the Japanese text. Does anyone out there know how to make this work?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Displaying Japanese chars. as tooltip text (WinNT4 server / A2K SR1)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you would want to deal with tooltips on a server machine at all. Could you explain more?
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte,
    The DB is up and running world wide. However our Japanese personnel can't understand some (or a lot) of written English words. Therefore I would like to provide Japanese, in tool tip form, for these people. This would allow me to keep only one version of the released front end file. Anyway it works with Win 2K/A2k but not NT4Server / A2k (it displays squares instead of the actual characters). Do you know if NT Server has any limitations that would prevent multiple language support?

Thanks,
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, I don't know, but servers in general do not behave quite the same as workstations. My question was really why you wanted this on a server as opposed to a workstation. It sounds like you're expecting them to run the application from a server, which will give worse performance anyhow than a workstation.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte,
    We have a FE/BE application that is accessible from all of our offices worldwide. We are using Citrix to run terminal session which opens an occurrence of the DB. It works surprisingly well, even with a slow dial up connection. Using a workstation running the FE in Japan which accesses the back in in the USA would be unusable.

Thanks,
    Mark Santos

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, Citrix puts a whole different complexion on it. Are you sure it's NT Server and not Citrix that is rejecting the Japanese characters? On the other hand, I haven't worked with a Citrix installation yet, so I can't really be of any help to you there.
    Charlotte