2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question UAC For Startup Program Samsung Magician

I have a PC with a Samsung SSD as my boot drive. Samsung installs a "Samsung Magician" program that starts when the system boots to Windows. I have Win8.1/64 and every time the Magician program loads, I get a UAC pop-up asking me to approve it ("Do you want to allow the programs to make changes..."). I click allow and everything proceeds fine. Is there any way to set up the Magician program so it has the correct permissions when it starts so that I don't have to approve it every time? It wants to have admin rights when it runs.

(I don't think it is essential that the Magician program always run - but it seems safer given that Samsung has set it up that way.)

David

Thanks
    UAC will not make allowances for specific programs.
    Either disable UAC completely or the application.

At any rate, Samsung Magician does not need to be run on system start up. It's an optimizer application
    that doesn't need to be run at the frequency with which you are currently running.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Wait, I spoke too soon. You might want to have a look at this;
    Create elevated Shortcut to run Program bypassing UAC Prompt in Windows 8 | 7
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

djredfearn (2014-04-06)

Thanks
    I believe that Task Scheduler can be used without the hoops. Just use "At Startup" for the Task Trigger after setting it to run as Administrator and with highest privileges in the General tab.

>>>Edit: I just tried it, and it works just fine. After setting up the task in Task Scheduler, it asks for an Administrator password to complete setting it up. After a reboot, Task Manager showed my test program already running when I logged on.

No need to get all fancy.<<<
    Last edited by bbearren; 2014-04-06 at 11:19. Reason: confirmation
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

djredfearn (2014-04-06)