Lounger
    Thanks

jv 16 Power Tools

I bought the jv16 Power Tools VIP Platinum 2 yrs ago. Still have it on my desktop running Win XP but now trying to get it also working with new laptop running win 8.1. My license said it allowed 5 computers. I am having a horrible time getting help with their support people. They sent me a key that wont work an I am now wondering what the best free cleaner is.I used to think it was a great software but when support sucks makes me wonder now.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    CCleaner and Privacy mantra are my two top picks, along with the default built in W8.1 cleanmgr/sage set/run commands.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

mosie (2014-04-10)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint I am having trouble figuring out free ccleaner as want to make sure it does a back up before letting it clean,I dont see a place where it say backups. Do you have any advice about if it does backups or not? One thing about jv16powertools said upfront it did backups an let you name back.
    thanks,mosie
    In mourning for my Win XP Desktop while using a HP laptop Win8.1
    Some times I am confused an some times not.

Thanks
    Avoid random & unpurposeful registry cleaning of any type with any tool.

CCleaner only offers to backup registry entry changes.
    There is no need to backup that which has been deleted via the cache and temp folders et al.

A backup of changes made to the registry with CCleaner can be affected by performing a scan
    and then selecting "fix selected issues". You will then be faced with a yes or no to backup, after which you may
    choose your store location for the created .reg file.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

mosie (2014-04-16)