Thread: Printing!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing!

Lately, whenever I print something from the web, such as a tutorial, or even email, it prints REALLY LARGE! Why is that? I'd prefer printing in a smaller font, with a point size closer to 10, but I can't find where to set the print! Have I accidentally reset something?

Help, please! TIA!
    Suzanne M. Shook

Thanks

Re: Printing!

Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility

Lately, you haven't been fiddling with the settings there, have you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (5.0 KB, 0 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks

No, I haven't fiddled with the settings! None are checked, just like your screen capture! Now what do I do?

Thanks

Right, next step is to try and work out what might have changed since the problem began.
    Have you installed any new software recently? Or any upgrades?

Is it consistent? or only with certain fonts? or only certain websites?
    Do you only get this problem printing from IE?

What printer do you have?

Do you have print preview? (Not sure if that came in with IE5.5 and your profile just shows IE5). If so, does that show a 'large' font?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Okay - let me try to address some of the questions. No, I haven't installed new software or upgrades recently, except for Norton's LiveUpdate for virus definitions, etc.

I thought it was consistent, but I printed out this topic, and it printed okay! It definitely happens when I print mail (I'm using Outlook Express 5).

I'm using an HP LaserJet 6L printer.

Whenever I print a tutorial now, it's printing in this exaggerated point size 16! And that is the way it shows up in print preview as well! One of the tutorials I printed on November 21st, in a good font size, today prints in point size 16! So I guess it's pretty pervasive!

Anything else I should check? Thanks, Leif! Suz

Thanks

Can you give me a URL to check out quickly? It may be difficult obviously if it is a subscriber-only site, but could be worth a try. (PM me if you'd rather not disclose it.)
    Otherwise, it may just be down to your printer driver. I've mentioned elsewhere that it dislike (intensely!) the drivers for HP5's and 6's and use the driver for the HP4 instead. That may be worth a try.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Leif, I just found it! Eureka! Somehow, the View/Textsize had been reset to LARGEST (must have been ME who did this as I'm the only one who uses my PC!!!)! I did notice I was seeing stuff "large" lately - and it was printing in the same size print size!

I have now reset this to medium, and email and tutorials, and everything else is printing out correctly!

Thanks for your help! Suz