Lurker
    Thanks

Question Can't run .aspx webpage from IE10?

hi,

I'm a .NET developer. previously I did ASP .NET programming on windows XP with Visual studio 2008 and it worked like charm. I have bought a new laptop with windows 8 basic edition. Gen-3 state of art gear (I bought it just before they released gen-4). Due to power surge my laptop OS crashed, happened several times (due to faulty battery) but the OS still works without "black screen of death". As I said before I do .NET development and I have started doing ASP .NET development with Visual studio 2012. But guess what when run (debug) a asp .net page from VS 2012 using IE 10 it takes hell of a lot of time to display the website event it has only two textboxes on it. But when I load this using chrome it worked A-OK. so some said it could be IE 10 issue.

I have done many things, reset IE 10 several time, did not work. I don't believe in hiding /showing IE 10 using windows 8 control panel as it does nothing special. I have disabled all the addons except flash player, even when I disabled it, still problem exists. The only option I have to reinstall VS 2012 with update 4 but I don't thing it's an issue with VS 2012 or its update.

ASP >NET development fine with chrome also I have to mention my chromes runs on Incognito mode ( so it does keep nasty tracking cookies). So do any one here know how to fix this?

thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Maybe an upgrade to Windows 8.1 and IE 11 is in order?

IE 11 works fine with .net development and its standards support is even better...
    Rui
    -------
    R4