Star Lounger
    Thanks

Why not Word? (Outlook 2000)

I've been using MS Exchange and we are getting ready to go to Outlook. I have heard that it is NOT preferable to use Word as your email editor, but I'm going to have to convince my IT department of that fact. Any good arguments out there?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Why not Word? (Outlook 2000)

unless you are using Outlook 2002 (with word 2002), it's slow, doggy, buggy.. you name, it wordmail is it. any admin worth his salary knows it already. if your admin doesn't, the archives for the swynk exchange list (swynk.com) list are full of reasons to avoid wordmail.

there is an amazing improvement for 2002 - and it's worth allowing users the choice.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I know this is heretical, but I have been using Word as email editor in Outlook for years, first with Outlook 97 and 98 and now with 2000, and have never had a problem. I have found it works beautifully for me, with no bugs.

I am currently running Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Pro computer and on an old Windows 98 box as well.

Fafner

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've also always run word as my email editor, primarily so I can use my autocorrect and autotext facilities. More, I find using the dictionary and grammar checker very important when working in Spanish. Never really had any trouble.

Michael