New Lounger
    Thanks

Sage 50 problem seems connected to Win 7

Hi,
    Hopefully this belongs here. Restoring a backup in Sage 50 (formerly Simply Accounting) fails with the message " a required data file is missing check your data directory". Below is a copy of my post to a Sage forum. As you can see, it works in XP and not in Win7 so hoping for advice on how to find which data file is missing.

Hi,

Further to my original post. - using win7 Home Premium, Sage 50 Pro Accounting Version 2013 (release 1) dealing with 2012 data only.

Have tried all suggested remedies I found and this seems to have been a problem for a lot of people using Win7 and Win8.

The backup I'm attempting to restore is from my data entry lady - she created the company and sent me by email a backup file made on her Win7 computer. This backup restores fine to her computer, it restores fine to my old Win XP laptop but will not restore to Win 7.

I have checked naming, created a new location on C drive, driven to town for a USB stick copy of the backup (suggestion was made that emailing it might damage it), made a new backup from the XP machine with compacting and verifications off, uninstalled and reinstalled Sage making sure I am logged on as administrator. Nothing helps.

Has anyone got any more info to solve this. I hate the thought of calling tech support as I'm feeling somewhat gouged by Sage already.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 1,067 Posts
    It seems to me that you should get Sage's tech support help. They must know which file is missing.
    Rui
    -------
    R4