3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Install font in PowerPoint 2010

I need to install a free lightbulb font called "Budmo" into my Powerpoint 2010 program. I downloaded it, but can't find the files on my pc nor know how to download it.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Richard Spring

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Richard,

Here's a MS article on managing Fonts.

If you downloaded the .ttf font version it should be in your downloads folder with the name shown in the graphic below:
    budmofont.JPG
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks RG:

Got it downloaded successfully.
    Not as good as hoped, but the vector ones are beyond my money limit. (Retired and Broke)
    Will look elsewhere for something to work.

Again, Thanks
    Richard Spring

Thanks
    For future reference, if you download something, but don't know where it saved it, begin another download, and note where it is going to save that one. Then you'll know where the last one went.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you.
    I will keep my eyes open to see the link trail next time.
    Richard Spring

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is world of sources you may have overlooked: in PowerPoint click on Insert/Clip Art. You already have a large collection of clip art that may contain a light bulb, there is plenty more downloadable from Microsoft free of charge, and mountains of the stuff from third parties. It costs nothing or very little from many sources, and if your presentations have been limited to text hitherto, you might suddenly make them far more interesting by using clip art. Microsoft Clip Organizer is a part of Office that you might want to put a shortcut to.

Among fonts, don't overlook Wingdings, Wingdings2, Windgings3 and Webdings, all free from MS and possibly already on your computer, and any other 'dings' from many sources. I agree completely regarding commercial fonts and their price for the non-commercial and home user, but there has been a sea change in the availability of sample and Open-Source fonts online and the safety of at least certain sites. (At one time font sites were a notorious source of malware.) Google has its own collection at Google Fonts, some of which are dandy. Font Squirrel is a source select fonts, all free. Sales sites for commercial fonts offer free sample fonts of major sets provided you have an account - which just means signing up at no cost, which is mutually beneficial for the vendor and for those of us who may one day want a full set of something. Thanks to that I had a number of instances of Museo before it really took off as a popular font.

NexusFont manager is a handy free font manager that might interest you.

I revisited the Insert Clip Art option in PowerPoint 2010, typed 'light bulb' into the field on the right-hand side, and got more hits with thumbnails than I could conveniently count. Whether they were all from MS or not I don't know (I have CorelDraw, which has tons of clip art), but it sure is easier than looking for pictures in fonts. As lightbulbs are now illegal, I expect to hear an ominous knock at the door at any moment.
    Last edited by dogberry; 2014-01-10 at 12:37. Reason: Added 'light bulb' experiment

New Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the easiest way for the fonts to display right away on all Microsoft office apps?

steve barbarich
    Last edited by keiraiedgel; 2014-06-16 at 09:00.