Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, i just checked on the driver version for the wireless adapter and there is a new one out. I had ver v10.0.0.26 and now have 10.0.0.274. I just installed it and will see what happens.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you uninstalled the old driver from Programs and Features ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would have, but it's not listed. Even the new one isn't listed. I can see it when I right click on the adapter in device manager and the option to delete is also there. I didn't delete it as it seems to have replaced it. So far I haven't had a disconnect, but it's too early to tell.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RPwin View Post
    I would have, but it's not listed. Even the new one isn't listed. I can see it when I right click on the adapter in device manager and the option to delete is also there. I didn't delete it as it seems to have replaced it. So far I haven't had a disconnect, but it's too early to tell.
    Wonder if that's an ASUS thing as all my Realtek drivers are listed in Programs & Features in my Toshiba, but hope the driver has fixed the disconnects.

Thanks
    I think its a Realtek thing. Most Wireless drivers I've come across are only listed in Device Manger and not in Programs and features.

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    I think its a Realtek thing. Most Wireless drivers I've come across are only listed in Device Manger and not in Programs and features.

Jerry
    I concur. It's rare to find a driver in Programs and Features.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am hoping this may have done the trick. My daughter was on her laptop for hours yesterday and today with no drops. I will keep an eye on it. I realize now I was misled, when I click to determine if I have the most current driver, it said I did even though I knew there was a newer one. I installed the new driver and all looks good so far. I will wait a few days as on occasion it would go without disconnecting for 2 days..... fingers crossed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Glad it seems to be working . As in previous situations, Windows 8.1 gets a bad rap because of faulty drivers and that is not Microsoft's fault.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12