New Lounger
    Thanks

How can I extend my C partition with free space?

Recently, I have checked my partition capacity in Disk Management and found there are 10GB of unallocated space. So, in order to make full use all my drive space, I decide to extend my C partition with the unallocated space. But, I am not really familiar about the computer and drive stuff. So, is it possible for me to extend it with the free space? What should I do? Any suggestion could be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Yes...
    A decent 3rd party partitioning application like MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition should work nicely. The UI is easy to understand and the requested task is a relatively simple one.

But, as always when undertaking any task with manipulating partitions, ensure that you have a backup in place.
    Preferably an image based backup.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Open Disk Management and post a screen shot. We will let you know if it's feasible.
    Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here are two ways for you:
    1). If the unallocated space is coincidentally adjacent this C partition, you can directly right click C partition to extend it in Disk Management.
    2). But, if it is not behind your c partition, you also can apply some partition resizing tools like IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free, GParted and Active Partition Master, etc.
    No matter which one you choose to use, always firstly back up everything important well in case of data loss.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    solution 1: disk management. I don't know your partitions, can you give me a screenshot?
    solution 2: partition assistant. backup first(recommend aomei backupper). shrink the partition near c then extend c, or shrink partition then move it near c.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have ever had some success to extend my system partition with the guidance of a video tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCeT7CbsKk
    Of course, never forget to make data backups at first, in case of data loss.
    I hope this also can help you out.

Thanks
    Forget about the default Windows disk manager, despite everything, it's STILL an extremely limited tool.
    In these instances you'll want a REAL partitioning modification tool.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.