New Lounger
    Thanks

Auto dial/login (MSIE6/MSN)

Hi Out There,

Used msn, to 5.1, that allowed the option of automatically connecting to a site, like from Favorites.
    Got a new machine with XP/MSIE6/MSN6 and, even going through DUN settings I find no way to restore this functionality.

Is there any way click on a link and have it connect without going through the "Not available offline/Do you want to connect" and the msn Sign-in dialogs?

Thanx,
    BobM.

PS. If this is already answered somewhere (my apologies, couldn't find it) just point me there.

Thanks

Re: Auto dial/login (MSIE6/MSN)

Not something simple like File | Work Offline being selected?

Otherwise, whilst not totally relating to your setup, this may help in a reverse sort of way:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q257693&GSSNB=1>"Work Offline" Command Is Missing from the File Menu (Q257693)</A>

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto dial/login (MSIE6/MSN)

Leif,

Thanks much for taking the time to respond, and for the input. My indolent mind refuses (as yet... I hope) to see the connection, but I will explore the branch mentioned there to see what it entails.

I know in 95/98 one could add an EnableAutodial key to HKU...Internet Options... but either that location is not valid anymore or, more likely, msn6 intercepts to foist the msn page (and IM) on "the-unenlightened-according to MS".

Will be back screaming... for help; or Eureka, if I'm lucky.

BobM