2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mangled Tips in this week's WOW (2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821))

There's a tip in this weeks WOW (Woody's Office Watch) on how to quickly assign a group of Outlook contacts to one or more categories. Good tips, but there were two methods suggested and in the article they got turned into one mangled method. Should have been something like this:

Method 1: Open two copies of the Outlook Contacts folder (in separate windows), tile the windows, use Phone List View in one window and By Category view in the other. Now you can drag and drop contacts into categories, one at a time or in bulk. This method works for Categories that are not in the Master Category List.

Method 2: Just open the Contacts folder, switch to Phone List View, and select Contacts using Shift+Click (consecutive contacts) or Ctrl+Click (any contacts). Then right-click a selected contact, choose Categories..., and check the categories you want to apply to the selected Contacts. You can only choose from the Master Categories List.

Does anyone know an address that will actually get feedback to Woody and/or Peter regarding articles in WOW? The note at the bottom says wow-feedback@wopr.com is not monitored closely.

Charlie

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mangled Tips in this week's WOW (2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821))

Try emailing to woody@wopr.com. I think he checks that more often.

Monty

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

not having seen the article yet, i can't comment on his methods, but i know an easier way than these.... group by category, add a category to one (if that category is not used yet) drag the others to the category group. you only need one window open and it works for all categories, master list or not.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Mary! That's even better. I'll try sending these comments to woody@worpr.com.