Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Free: how do I verify?

I am using Macrium Reflect Free version.
    When I do an image backup, I don't seem to have an option to verify it.
    Perhaps that is only on the paid version.
    I am attaching my screen that comes up just before doing a backup. Note the "N" after auto verify.

However, if I go into the RESTORE menu, I do have the option to VERIFY the image before restoring it. So, would that be an alternative (do the image backup, then go to RESTORE and verify that image?)

Mel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    You select verify before you create the image, not upon restoration.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-03-15 at 13:12.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There is no verify to select

Mel

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From a Macrium KB article:
    "Note: Auto-verify is only available with the full edition of Macrium Reflect. Please see here for information on turning this feature on: http://www.macrium.com/webhelp/Advanced_Settings.asp?nohead=y#AutoVerify"

I use the paid edition.

Dick

Thanks
    While you are in the process of setting up a backup for creation, open the "advanced" section and select verify;
    aa.jpg
    It should be present in the free version, if not, my mistake.
    The only real verification is a restore job imo.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, not there. But, back to my original comment. If I then go immediately to restore, and then only VERIFY the image, wouldn't that accomplish the verify.

I've done this and it does verify okay

Mel

Thanks
    That's correct, you have to manually verify the image in the free version of Reflect

Thanks
    To manually verify an Image in Macrium Reflect Free:

Create the Image as usual, or mount an Image from an Archival location.

Go to Restore. (You will not be actually restoring anything at this point.)
    Click on the red shield where it says Verify Image. This does not require restoring the Image anywhere.

A Verification Popup Window will appear and the process will verify that the archive is readable for possible restoration operations.

Verification takes me about 2/3 as long as creating the Image with normal compression settings.
    -- Bob Primak --

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I do my backups using the free version, I run it off of the Macrium WinPE boot CD I made, which just before the final step shows a button (called "Advanced" if I remember correctly) that allows me to check "Verify" before clicking on the final button that starts the process. But I do have to remember to manually take that step each time.

I just checked, and Verify doesn't seem to be available if backing up "normally" from within Windows.

I'll be doing my monthly backup over the weekend, so I'll make sure this post is correct at that point and will report back.
    Last edited by Mountain Aerie; 2014-03-27 at 17:43. Reason: for clarity

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Verify incl. in Macrium WinPE boot disk backup process

I had some time, so I went ahead and booted from my (free) Macrium-created Windows PE boot disk just to be sure I wasn't blowing smoke, and indeed there is a verify option as part of the backup process, as follows:

In the final window that shows the "Finish" button, look in the lower left corner, and you will see a blue underlined (in mine, at least) "Advanced Options" which, if you click on it, takes you to a window that lists options on the left, with "Auto Verify Image" being one of them. Click on that and then check the check-box that comes up. Clicking "OK" returns you to the prior window with the Finish button, which you can now click.

The verify process will occur once the backup is complete.
    Last edited by Mountain Aerie; 2014-03-27 at 18:23. Reason: This is from the FREE version.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Aerie View Post
    I had some time, so I went ahead and booted from my (free) Macrium-created Windows PE boot disk just to be sure I wasn't blowing smoke, and indeed there is a verify option as part of the backup process, as follows:

In the final window that shows the "Finish" button, look in the lower left corner, and you will see a blue underlined (in mine, at least) "Advanced Options" which, if you click on it, takes you to a window that lists options on the left, with "Auto Verify Image" being one of them. Click on that and then check the check-box that comes up. Clicking "OK" returns you to the prior window with the Finish button, which you can now click.

The verify process will occur once the backup is complete.
    I also use the free version, also run from the WinPE boot CD. This works in my version as well.

Thanks
    I verify from within Windows. Also the Free Version.
    -- Bob Primak --

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    textra:

Does this also work if you use the already installed free MR Program to start MR ?

mel

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by compiler View Post
    textra:

Does this also work if you use the already installed free MR Program to start MR ?

mel
    Mel:

I don't have the verify option under the "advanced options" link when free version MR is started within Windows. However, I almost always create images by starting the computer from the boot disk. I wonder if Bob Primak has a different version than I have? Mine is version 5.2, 64-bit, build 6465.

HTH,
    Tom

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the latest update on my free version (64-bit, ver. 5.2 build 6515). When started within Windows, there is no available option to automatically verify the backup -- only an option to verify system files before the backup starts.
    Last edited by Mountain Aerie; 2014-03-30 at 18:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast