New Lounger
    Thanks

Mprexe.exe performs illegal operation ?

Hello,
    For some unknown reason my PC suddenly started displaying the message box 'This program has performed an illegal operation - MPREXE.EXE' whenever I try and connect to the internet using DUN and then I can't do anything with anything - reboot time !
    I tried copying the three MPR files from another WIN95 PC into WindowsSystem but that didn't help.
    (I run uptodate anti-virus software)
    Can anyone tell me how i resolve this situation.

Thanks

Re: Mprexe.exe performs illegal operation ?

My money would be on a problem with your password list - see <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ermprexe.htm>this list</A> for a list of possible causes.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the links Leif.
    From reading through them I see the statement ... "MPREXE.EXE is a Microsoft file that allows Windows 95 to have more then one client and protocol. MPR stands for Multi (or Multiple) Provider Router. It's primary function is to route incoming and outgoing packet between the adapter and different clients."
    As my problem is just on my home PC that has no network or anything can you say why MPREXE is even involved at all ?

Thanks

Check your DUN settings - do you have a setting such as IPX/SPX compatible and/or Log on to Network selected?
    If so - try de-selecting.

Otherwise, came across this reference to mprexe.exe at the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/antibtc.shtml>f-secure virus site</A>.