Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    MS Project single task split into several in resource usage view

    Dear all
    I ran into a weird situation with MS-Project 2010,
    I entered a task in the Gantt View. I added resources, the usage of their utilization etc.
    The task is based on units.
    When I use the resoure usage view, I suddenly see the task below the ressource mentioned four times and the hours are aggegated which gives me a wrong number of hours this person worked or is planned to work.
    I couldn't figure out how this can happen.
    Any idea or things to look at?
    I am using a resource pool.


    Thanks in advance.
    bumpui
    Last edited by bumpui; 2014-04-11 at 06:38. Reason: Forgot something

  2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

    Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

    Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

    + Get this BONUS — free!

    Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

  3. #2
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Apologies for not being able to help with your problem, which is too technical for me, but I just wish to offer sympathy, knowing how disappointing it is when a request for help fails to get a reply. It has happened to me, but thankfully not with my first post.

    Don’t give up on the Lounge, it has helped me with most of my computer problems, and there have been many.

  4. #3
    4 Star Lounger petesmst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    I have tried to duplicate this...no joy (but I am using Project 2013, 32-bit); and can (at least not yet) work out what went wrong...
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 760 2GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2014, etc). (UEFI-booted). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •