New Lounger
    Thanks

I think I may have an IE 11 problem

Just purchased a new desktop that came with Win 8.1 home 64 bit and IE 11 (ver 11.0.4. KB2925418). I am having problems with several websites since I started using this system. My Win 7/IE9 laptop has none of these problems which is why I think it might be an IE11 problem.
    (1) Hotmail account - (live.com) The page will load right away and I can see all my incoming messages but it takes several minutes before it will let me click on a message to open it.
    (2) Facebook - Again, the page will load right away and it takes roughly 30 seconds before I can begin to use my mouse scroll wheel to scroll down but it only lets me view a few lines before it again will let me begin scrolling down and this continues until I close the page.
    (3) Yahoo e-mail - A little faster than what I described above for Hotmail account but basically the same.
    (4) Several websites act the same way that the page loads very fast but it takes several seconds before I can begin scrolling the pages down.
    (5) I seem to get several popups "xxxxxx (insert webpage name here) is not responding. Recover webpage" when first going to different webpages (but not all).

Any suggestions/solutions? Should be noted that I am not very computer savvy and have a "fear of the unknown" when asked to change things around.
    TIA

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try adding some Tracking Protection Lists

Bruce

Thanks
    Check for unnecessary add ons.
    Gear icon > Manage Add Ons.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not really sure (or smart enough) to see what TPL's would have to do with the above probelms

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Check for unnecessary add ons.
    Gear icon > Manage Add Ons.

Jerry
    I did check but not sure what I am looking at/for which of the few add-ons could be the cause of my problems. Thanks for the input.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You could try resetting IE to defaults even though it's supposed to be in a pristine state and if there's no improvement, disable all of the add-ons, restart IE and see if that makes any difference and if so, enable just one add-on at a time and repeat the restart process.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.
    Jerry and Bruce. Thanks for your input. I wound up going to the HP website and logged into a chat session. The tech took over my computer (I allowed him to) and ran some diagnostics, etc. and disabled several programs that ran at startup among other things and all is well. No more scrolling problems or delays after page loads.

Thanks
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Jerry