Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer not working after Windows 8.1 Update 1

Anyone know of a solution to Internet Explorer not working after installing Update 1 to Windows 8.1?

I have tried all the suggested solutions I could find: turn off IE and then turn it back on, uninstall update and re-install it, etc. but no luck so far. I suspect this is a bug in the update itself and it is not super-serious for me since IE is my secondary browser (Firefox is my primary) but I would still like to get it fixed since a few websites only work with IE.

Thanks
    Have you checked the post from Susan Bradley?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 8.1 Update 1 problem opening IE11/Office with MBAE
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...owtopic=146368

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was running the old version of MBAE and downloaded and installed this new version. It didn't fix my problem. Do you have to reboot after installing it? I may try uninstalling MBAE to see if it fixes the problem. I also have EMET running and they are supposed to be compatible but that may be the issue too.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Doing a reboot seems to have fixed everything and IE is operating again. I reinstalled the updated MBAE and that seems to work OK with no effect on IE.