Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access to my NAS (Credentials mixup)

I have a dilemma.

I can access my QNAP 209 NAS via the web interface logon with say user admin/password.

However, when I try to access the shares from the NAS in File Explorer I am presented with a Windows Security dialogue asking me to 'Enter Network credentials'. My son has a similar NAS and accesses the shares in File Explorer directly using the nas user/password. ie the credentials he has saved in Credentials Manager / Windows Credentials works in both places.

No matter what combination of user/password I use in 'Enter Network credentials' I can not get a listing of my files in that share.

The problem is especially annoying as it prevents me from accessing my NAS based web server in my page editing application ( an old version of MS Outlook) to correct some errors that have been reported.

I can upload corrected pages via WINScp but I like direct editing to get the image links correct.

I have used Nirsoft's Network Password Recovery tool but that only confirms my admin/password login to the QNAP NAS.

Any suggestions welcome.

Bryan

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    SOLVED - I refreshed the share in the QNAP web interface!

Bryan