2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Transition by Bullet (XP)

I have one presentation in which each time I press for a transition the next top level bulleted item appears. I like this, but can't figure out how I made it happen??? Now I can't get my other presentation to do it.
    Thanks, Michael

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Transition by Bullet (XP)

Do you mean animation for each of the bullets? If so, select the bulleted text, go to Slide Show/Custom Animation.
    egghead

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

yes - and to do it for all slides, I realised, do that to the Mater.
    Thanks,
    Michael

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Michael,

Sorry for coming in at the end here, especially if you have an answer.

I'm working with ppt 97 and I know the answer's the same for 2000. Can't speak for XP.

When you go into the Custom Animation dialog, there are 2 tabs you need to be concerned with:
    - the Timing tab: make sure you select the object (probably labeled Textn, where n is a number) that contains the paragraphs/bullets you want. Then select the Animate button so that the object moves to the top Animation Order box. There are other controls here which are obvious (I hope) and I won't discuss since they're not relevant.
    - the Effects tab: in the lower right, there are controls for how to introduce the text. With the Textn item still selected on the top (this is necessary because the options available in the Introduce Text controls will depend on the object), you can click on:
    - the top drop down to do everything all at once
    - the second drop down to control what level of paragraphs are animated together

WIth the Master, if that's where you were going, you can do the same things. This will apply to items of the type on the Master for all slides, like a bullet list. One problem is that the Master usually has one item of each type - like one bullet list. I sometimes create a 2nd bullet list on the same slide. This is done by using CTRL+d to make a copy of the first and then change the text. Since the copy didn't exist on the Master, it's not animated even though it was a copy of the first bullet list which was.

Hope this helps.

Fred