4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10 on VirtualBox

When I install Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr or Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn (from the daily builds) on VirtualBox, the window is 640X480 pixels.

13.10 is fine on VirtualBox, and 14.04 and 14.10 are fine when installed in VMware Player, or on hardware, but put Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr or Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn together with VirtualBox, and they are not fine.

Has anyone else here had that problem?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Which VirtualBox client utilities have you installed - the ones that come with VirtualBox, or the ones provided by the Ubuntu distro? If neither, you need to install one or the other. I have found that the ones that come with the distro tend to be a little sub-par, though on a beta (like 14.10) or a recent release (like 14.04) they are usually the only option. Usually once an update of VirtualBox comes out and it has updated utilities, they work much better.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I tried to go to

https://virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

I got a message
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
    in IE11

and
    This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to virtualbox.org, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    in firefox 29.

I don't think there is really a problem, except that they have let their certificate lapse, but I think I'll check back after they have fixed their certificate.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Disregard the previous.

I built the Guest Additions from VirtualBox, and, after restarting, the Displays System Setting became functional, and the Ubuntu virtual machines for both 14.04 and 14.10 restarted with a default Screen Resolution of 1024 X 768 and with an option for 800 X 600, which is not happening.

Thanks.