Lounger
    Thanks

IHHComponentActivator (?)

A routine registry scan with CCleaner has turned up something new -- an item categorized as a "Missing Type Library Reference." The name of the item is:

IHHComponentActivator

The registry key begins with HKCR\Interface\ .....followed by a string of numbers.

What little Google has to say about IHHComponentActivator is over my head. Does anyone know what this key is, and can I entrust its handling to CCleaner? (Am guessing it will be deleted.)

Thanks for your help!

B.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    There is reference to Sygate Personal Firewall, but those references are HHComponentActivator, not IHHComponentActivator.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Lounger
    Thanks
    As always, thanks CLiNT.

CCleaner does list the entry as "IHH...."

I can't recall there ever having been a Sygate anything on my computer. A system search for "Sygate" comes up empty. (Perhaps it was a leftover from the HideMyAss VPN software I uninstalled a few weeks ago. If so, it's odd that CCleaner didn't find it till yesterday.)

A mystery!

Thanks again.

Thanks
    The data "IHHComponentActivator" might also have something to do with ActiveX.

What have you installed on the system since you last checked.

some searching for you to do;
    https://www.google.com/#q=IHHCompone...0105A0422DF%7D
    https://www.google.com/#q=HKCR%5CInt...nentActivator+
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Lounger
    Thanks

IHHComponentActivator - Postscript

Comments are closed for this old thread, but I wanted to say thanks to Clint.

Clint, please accept my apology for having taken so long to respond to your post. A health crisis put my life on hold.

The IHHComponentActivator problem vanished abruptly and mysteriously, with no intervention from me. Still! I'm grateful for your input. If the problem pops up again, I'll know how and where to start digging for a solution. Kind thanks for your help.

Brooks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The original thread was not locked, so I moved your postscript there (here).

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks
    The thread wouldn't accept more comments this morning. I did try!

Thanks for the help, Bruce.