2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pop-up login problem with only Chrome

Good morning fellow Lounger's. I run Win7, 64 bit. I have a problem that I can't figure out this one issue. This problem started a couple of weeks ago. Here is the issue.

I have 3 browsers for various uses. IE, Chrome and Firefox. Chrome is the default. I also use LastPass for all my login's. I belong to a number of forums and one in particular will not allow me to login to it if I use Chrome while IE or Firefox will login. This particular forum is form login, just like Windows Secret is. In the beginning I contacted the forum's Admin and they re-set my password. LastPass reflects the new password. I've even tried logging in manually without LastPass and I always get:

"You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

I have tried everything I can think of as to why this is happening. I've cleaned all my browsers cache, etc as well as everything else I can find on the computer using ccleaner along with cleaning the registry. At last resort I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it. Same issue. I've search the web for a possible solution with no success. So I'm stuck switching browser's when I go to this site and its a daily thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    If you use LastPass options to copy username and password and paste them into the login form, does it work?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nothing I do allows me to login to the site using Chrome. I've tried copy/paste, manually typing in the username and password, using LastPass to login. All produce the same invalid username and password statement. I even deleted the site from LastPass in the event there was some kind of mysterious cross contamination lol. Am clueless in Vermont. Oh well, at least I can access the site using IE or FF.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    That's quite weird. Can you login to the site, if you logout from LastPass?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, nothing works. Looks like no one has experienced this type of behavior. Thanks for trying to help ruirib, much appreciated. You can close this thread.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't go yet

Have you tried manually disabling the extensions to see if that works and then re-enable one at a time until the problem returns if so http://superuser.com/questions/25457...led-turned-off

This article may also be of interest but doesn't appear to be effective yet http://www.tomshardware.com/news/goo...ins,24377.html
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-04-25 at 11:52.