Lounger
    Thanks

PC Keeper by zeobit.com

What is this? I do not remember downloading it. I have the newest MalwareBytes loaded and it has not flagged PC Keeper. Is it good, bad or just making my desktop run slow?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Not something I have experience of.

ShouldIRemoveIt lists it as 2*, yet most users (of ShouldIRemoveIt) retain it, seems to be most prevalent on HP machines ...

If you didn't go looking for it or directly download it, then definitely remove it.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/PCKee...0-program.aspx

Edit: To try to give some context to the data from the above site, I run a software at boot that, via their software tool, is rated by their users as 3* yet some 76% of their users remove it - the site, however, lists it (all versions) as being kept by up to 93% of their users - 'my' software does what it says on the tin and uses less than 10MB of memory.

It can be tough trying to get straightforward data
    Last edited by satrow; 2014-04-25 at 22:15.

Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, I did remove the program and another one called Optimizer pro V3.2. I even got a coupon for 50% off if I kept the optimizer program. I deleted it anyway Thanks for the help

Thanks
    (see my Edit above)

Optimizer pro (any version) is much more clear cut = snake oil and adware - at the very least!

Perhaps you should try out the ShouldIRemoveIt software, especially if the PC is multi-user. Don't trust the results and recommendations 100% - but any real badware should stick out like a sore thumb if you cross reference it with their onsite data ("What's this" button when you click any item).

Edit: WebOfTrust has some interesting comments about the main zeobit site: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/zeobit.com (ignore the old comment by evilfantasy (sorry, friend ) looks like he checked it on a good day!).

The WoT plugin for your browser(s) is another safety/check option you should consider.
    Last edited by satrow; 2014-04-25 at 22:33.