New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live email picture problem

When I get an email in my live email account transferred from my Comcast account that were from a web site, any pictures on that email are gone . All I get when I receive the email in my live mail account is a box with a X in it where the picture should be. I am running windows 7 , internet explorer 11. Any ideas what's causing this?

Jerry

Thanks
    Does the picture still exist on the website? The webmaster may have deleted or moved it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, its on the web site and on Comcast mail.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Generally when forwarding messages with attachments i find it best to first Save the attachment to my computer, click Forward then re-attach the attachment., especially when using Webmail/Online E-Mail as the 'path' to the attachment may be lost if the sending computer is off/offline or as mentioned, if the image/file has been deleted from the sending computer or server..

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The pictures I am referring to are not attachments. They are images that are a part of the email. For example, my wife gets email from a cooking web site with a recipe and a picture of the finished product. When I receive the email on my Comcast web mail the picture and recipe are there, and then windows live checks for new mail and a copy is downloaded to windows live mail with the recipe and the box with a X where the picture was. I can go back at any time to Comcast and the picture is still on the original.

Thanks
    Web servers can be setup NOT to display an image unless that image is being viewed in their webpage.

IOW, when you open one of their webpages with an image, the server knows that the request to display that image just came from one of their webpages and it displays the image. But if the request comes from anywhere else, it can simply ignore the request.

(One way around that is to save the image to your computer, then attach it to your email).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Saving Embedded images is best when wanting to attach to a message. I right-click the image itself and make a choice to assure that's the image I want, [usually View Image in Firefox] which opens in another page then I right-click and Save that image giving it an appropriate name. If Save Image is not a choice I will press the PrintScrn key which sends it to the Clipboard then open Paint [or other graphics editor], Paste then save that result. I use the .jpg/.jpeg format to assure a smaller file size than .png, .bmp, or other format, useful for transmitting or posting to forums.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you're reading the e-mail in Windows Live Mail (aka Windows Mail), be sure you've clicked the 'Click to display contents of e-mail' or similar messages when opening the e-mail. Also read one of the 'failing' messages in Comcast webmail (i.e. in a browser) to check that the problem is not with the e-mail itself.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadsteve View Post
    If you're reading the e-mail in Windows Live Mail (aka Windows Mail)
    Careful on that, Windows Mail came ONLY with Windows Vista [Outlook Express on Windows XP was discontinued] while Windows 7 did not have an included E-Mail Client.

Windows Live Mail is part of Windows Live Essentials, downloadable from the Web. All the new Windows 7 computers [brand name/OEM] I've set up had Windows Live Essentials installed by the OEM/Vendor.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ive/essentials
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-04-30 at 23:53.