5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Taking a new approach to old problems

BEST HARDWARE

Taking a new approach to old problems

By Michael Lasky

Innovation rarely comes as an entirely new product category. Most often, it puts a new and interesting spin on something that already exists. That evolutionary form of innovation applies nicely to these four products. Each adds to our computing experience in useful and unexpected ways.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/best-hardware/taking-a-new-approach-to-old-problems/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The power "strip" is cute, but produces a configuration with cords running in all directions. A donut shaped strip where the cords were directed to the center (and into a hole in the work surface) is something that I would purchases in a minute.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbubba62 For This Useful Post:

bobprimak (2014-05-08)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for your article.
    I am under the impression that AC-adapter "bricks" are power supplies that look like bricks, with a wire coming out of each end, and only take up one outlet.
    I believe that what you intended to say was "wall warts".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbubba62 View Post
    The power "strip" is cute, but produces a configuration with cords running in all directions. A donut shaped strip where the cords were directed to the center (and into a hole in the work surface) is something that I would purchases in a minute.
    If you can build a prototype, you might have a patentable idea there. Might be a money-maker. Seriously.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
    Thank you for your article.
    I am under the impression that AC-adapter "bricks" are power supplies that look like bricks, with a wire coming out of each end, and only take up one outlet.
    I believe that what you intended to say was "wall warts".
    Wall Bugs is more commonly used, but we all know what's being talked about here.
    -- Bob Primak --