New Lounger
    Thanks

MailMerge Includepicture not working after picture format

1st...Thanks to Paul Edstein and all of his awesome posts on how to mailmerge pictures...

I got it to work BUT...I want my picture on the left with text dropping down along the right side of the picture. This is easy to do with normal inserting of pictures...just format the picture so the text wraps appropriately. But when I try to format my Includepicture, the coding seems to disappear and I'm left with only one picture showing on each entry.

So here is the problem...I can get it to work but it looks way funny...picture - then text below the picture when I want it next to it. I can go to the output file and format the pictures over there but that kind of defeats the purpose of a mail merge! If I try to format before the merge, I loose the individual items..

I don't know if I'm being very clear here...this is what output looks like: (sorry, tried to paste but the pictures wouldn't copy)
    demooutput.docx
    Anyway, the 1st address set is incorrect...photo way high...2nd one is good (manually formatted it after the merge).

I'm thinking this should be easy to fix...but I've been known to be wrong before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I wouldn't be using floating objects in a mail merge. Instead create a two column table and place the graphic in one column and the other text in the second column. You can hide the table borders to get the look you want.

Actually, looking at your sample doc, this should be a three column table.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

fsisandy (2014-05-03)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew...worked like a charm! I was stubbornly trying to make it work rather than look for a work-around.