Thread: Outlook 2013

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2013

I've had to reinstall Windows 8.1 and Office 365 on 5/1. Everything was working great. Then this morning my wife said she was not receiving nor could she send anything. I first checked the router and modem. That was working A-OK. I called Charter and they had me go online to see if I could send a test email to myself and it worked. However, Outlook will still not send nor receive. I've check the settings and although they are as Charter instructed, nothing comes in and nothing goes out. Was there an update that screwed everything up? I'm pulling out hair trying to figure out what is going on. Any suggestions that I might try? Since I can't get email, I'll have to come back here occasionally to see if there are any replies.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally got my Outlook 365 email program to working. This edition is new to me so I have a question. Is it supposed to synchronize the mail and during that period, lock some thing up? It says it is filtering. I don't know if I've click on something I shouldn't have or not. I've had it installed for two days and this is the first time it has done that. Also, I imported my Outlook.pst backup file and it took it, but I can't find it anywhere. When I trying putting an address into an email, the entire address book can't be found. Yet, when I tried importing it again, it told me it already exists. I'd like to know where and why I can't see or use it?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    When Outlook is synchronizing it may not respond quickly. It may also depend on what you are trying to do when it is synchronizing. If it is filtering the inbox that is because of the view settings.

For the address book, try clicking on "People". In the Navigation Pane, right click on Contacts on select Properties. Then click on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. Make sure that "Show this folder as an email address book" is selected.

Joe