Thanks

Thumbs up Like and Would Like

I sure do like (NOW) being able to Pin Store APPs to the Taskbar AND (NOW) together w/ having the Taskbar on all screens, w/ you @ all times, as it should be; only makes sense, really.

I would like to see a 'Cog' icon on the Taskbar. It would give Settings but, dedicated, proprietary, same as the Charms Bar, according to whatever is on the screen. Would be little or less need to pop out Charms if ITS 'Cog' was, already, on the Taskbar.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2014-05-04 at 12:36.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I second the nomination for removing the Charms bar on the desktop (leave it on the start screen if needed).

Thanks
    "I would like to see a 'Gear' icon on the Taskbar. It would give Settings but, dedicated, proprietary, same as the Charms Bar, according to whatever is on the screen. Would be no need to pop out Charms (as often) if ITS 'Gear' was, already, on the Taskbar."

I suggest to you we may well see this in the near future.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg

Just might be, "Well, gee, I remember way back when some fellow, Drew, saying..."