New Lounger
    Thanks

Standart enchanced PCI to USB Host Controller dosent run

Hello everyone,

This is my firs post here so i m gonna try to explain my problem in its complicity. So yesterday i bought a Standart enchanced PCI to USB host controller and the device dosent seem to work for me. I installed the drivers and the device manager sees the device properly and also show the new USB port. But whenever i try to attach anything to it it seems like the port arent there. It dosent give any error all it does is not recongnizing that there is any device connected to the port.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi, sampl3rr, welcome to the Lounge.

What make/model is the controller, what chipset does it use (Via, NEC, ...) and what make/model is your motherboard (or the PC's brand+model# if it's an OEM). Which Windows version are you running?

Thanks
    Have you tried another PCI slot?
    Sometimes PCI are picky on some boards.

A few others:
    *Attempt to update the driver through Device Manager.
    *Let Windows Update search for drivers for this device.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.