Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect free

This is puzzling question about my backup disappearing. I used the Macrium Reflect free version and sent an xp backup to my WG external drive
    Now searching the external drive I see all my tons of photos etc I saved on there but do not see anything that could be my Macrium Reflect image backup.
    I have never used it before so not sure what would be looking for but I see several 'suitcases' of other older back ups and tons of photos etc but nothing else.
    Do I need to use the Macrium Reflect to even see it on there?
    In mourning for my Win XP Desktop while using a HP laptop Win8.1
    Some times I am confused an some times not.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Opening up the external drive in explorer view should show the image backup. If you cannot then obviously something went wrong.

When creating an image it is often best to keep the image in it's own folder, but not doing so is by means no impediment to
    finding the image within the Macrium UI.

When you first create an image always verify by at least opening the drive in explorer to view the actual .mrimg file, also ensure that Macrium can access it both
    while Windows is running, and from the Macrium boot disk.
    The best way to verify is to restore the image you just created via the bootable Macrium disk that should always be created.
    (this should be done at least once if you are new to restoring images with this, or any image application.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

mosie (2014-05-08)

Thanks
    The Macrium Reflect backup file names are of the format:
    7EB40C44B2F6D8B2-00-00.mrimg
    (where the main part in front of the first hyphen varies each time you run a full backup).
    Subsequent incremental backups following a full backup go
    7EB40C44B2F6D8B2-01-01.mrimg
    7EB40C44B2F6D8B2-02-02.mrimg
    and so on...
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BATcher For This Useful Post:

mosie (2014-05-08)