Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP Mode Problem & Uninstall

I just got a new Win 7 Pro desktop computer built. The firm installed XP Mode before I got it. That would normally have been OK, but I had a SSD installed as C:\, and they installed XP Mode there. It takes up about 11 G (at this point), so I want to move it to my D:\ drive, which is much larger. I don't use it very often, and I don't want to loose the space on my SSD.

I tried to move it, but I think I screwed it up. Although XP Mode opens and seems OK on D:, it only takes up about 1 G of space there. I even renamed the Virtual Machines folder on C: (which contains the .vhd, vmc & .vsv files), and it still seems OK on D:. But since the .vhd file on D: is only 1 G vs. 10 on C:, I am nervous.

I know that I can uninstall Windows XP Mode, but I am not sure whether what gets downloaded from www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc includes a copy of XP, or whether XP is on my Win 7 disk. So I don't want to uninstall unless I am sure, because I don't want to have to reinstall Windows 7 Pro to get XP back.

So I need a little expert guidance here.

Harry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It will probably grow much larger when you start doing Windows Updates or installing programs into XP mode.

Both Virtual PC and XP Mode can still be downloaded for Windows 7:

Download Windows Virtual PC

Download Windows XP Mode

Bruce

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    It will probably grow much larger when you start doing Windows Updates or installing programs into XP mode.

Both Virtual PC and XP Mode can still be downloaded for Windows 7:

Download Windows Virtual PC

Download Windows XP Mode

Bruce
    Are you saying I could just DELETE what is on my C: drive, and it will probably be OK?

If that did not work, I could just reinstall from the links you provided, I guess.

Harry