Thread: BIOS Issue

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy BIOS Issue

I 'am getting a message upon startup on my Dell desktop XPS 410 running Windows 7 ULT 64 bit on the early boot up Floppy Disk Seek Failure , I don't have a floppy disk in my tower I tried to changed the parameter but floppy drive not present set in the boot order , Windows is working fine no problem with Operating system Many Thanks in advance

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Disable any reference to "floppy" or "USB floppy" in the BIOS boot menu.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

cadtech (2014-06-10)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb Bios Issue

Just an update, I disabled any reference to the floppy disk seek failure , didn't work. I was thinking could I flash the bios to an older software ,which there is one , and then back to the newer one ? Many thanks in advance Mark

Thanks
    Performing a BIOS flash won't solve this.
    1 go into device manager and disable the floppy drive, then go back into BIOS...
    and diable the floppy drive from in your BIOS's boot settings.
    It matters very little if you do not actually have the actual drive.

Next thing to try would be a repair install of XP. Ensure that you have a backup on hand.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you getting this error BEFORE you see the Windows splash screen? If you are, the problem is most likely with the computer itself and not Windows.

Did you check to make sure that the Floppy is shown as 'Not Installed' in the BIOS drive list?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    All is fixed! I looked at the BIOS again in the drives floppy drive was turned on (installed) , I turned it off not installed Many Thanks to all who helped! Best Regards