Lounger
    Thanks

Any way to reduce size of email header?

Outlook 2013: The header of an email, with its wide spacing and huge font size, takes up about 30% of the overall display.

Screen Shot 05-08-14 at 07.43 AM 001.PNG

I know how to get rid of the contact photo but is there any way to significantly reduce the overblown size of that space? Only thing I could find other than "No" was this: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/839

...but I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The link in your post is talking about the preview pane. From your screens shot it appears that the email message is opened. In this mode you can disable the display of the message header completely. In the Message tab Move section, click on Actions | Other Actions | Message header. Other than that I know what you can do.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, JoeP517. Getting rid of the entire header isn't an ideal solution, because there's some missing information, e.g., sender's name and email address and who was CC'd/BCC'd. What I'd like to do is just compress the display, which doesn't seem possible.

I did notice that some message headers include a useless section at the bottom ("Action Items" + "Get more apps") and others don't. Is there a way to suppress that for all messages?

Screen Shot 05-08-14 at 10.35 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 05-08-14 at 10.36 AM.PNG