Lounger
    Thanks

HELP PLEASE-AVAST problem

I have a desktop(XP Home),A laptop(Vista Home 64),and a netbook (Win 7 Home 32).When XP support ceased I changed AV from SE to Avast free.I was considering doing the same on my other two computers.Before doing that,I registered at Avast Forum(required to post que.)and asked whether I can use the same email address and password for the other two computers when downloading Avast(free version!)in my post.

I contacted a phone # at Avast(it was in the UK),no answer other than recording),got tech support on the phone,they directed me to Customer Support.Got a ticket #(May 5),no response,another ticket May 7,still no answer and one more ticket today(May 8).Can anyone help?What is happening here?I am a retired person with limited computer experience,NOT A CYBER CRIMINAL.Please help if you can.Thank you much!!!!!PS I am a subscriber of good standing to Win.Secrets for several years.
    Last edited by ruirib; 2014-05-08 at 12:40. Reason: Edited to remove references to issues with other forums, which are not allowed by the Lounge rules

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Hi,

Sorry, the Lounge rules do not allow posts regarding events occurred at other forums (and thus I have edited your post's references to that issue), but I hope we can help with the technical issue. Have you tried to download Avast free using the same email address?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Hi macko1944, try posting your question here.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If it's any use, yes, you can use the same details for as many machines as you like. In fact it helps, as you can remotely check the antivirus status for all the machines that are on the same account.

Thanks
    Yes you can use the same email on multiple machines. I have the free Avast on more than one home computer.