3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DataCombo Dropdown List (Autofill?) (VB6)

I'm using a DataCombo control in a project and have the MatchEntry set to Extended and Style set to DropDownCombo (I shortened the names of the constants for this message).

The help file suggests that the Extended MatchEntry property will autofill what the user types in if the record exists. I'm only seeing that if I use the DropDownlist property. Am I doing something wrong with the DropDownCombo or is it simply not supported in that style?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DataCombo Dropdown List (Autofill?) (VB6)

If you use either matching and type something in, then drop the list down, you should be on the item you began to type. The behavior is a bit weird in my opinion, but if you set it to a dropdownlist, it will drop down automatically and you'll actually see the matching going on.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DataCombo Dropdown List (Autofill?) (VB6)

Yes, that is a bit off. Oddly, selecting the simple combo option works almost exactly like I want but it just looks so poor. God how I wish they would have made the same control functionality in VB as they did in Access.

I found an article in a VB Journal I subscribe to that uses an API call to autofill combo boxes. I'm going to take a crack at trying to make it work with a DataCombo.