Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, I get it. Yes, we're now into a data base design problem, and I have almost as many bookmarks as you do. I have found few magic answers here. One thing I would like to see is the ability to sort most recent bookmarks within a folder to the top. That would help a bit. More useful to me would be a copy button which place an instance of a given bookmark into several different folders as they are clicked on.

As an example, I work in electronics. My big "Doc" folder has a "Manuals" sub folder, and so on, and also a big "Engineering References" sub folder. Besides Doc, I have another high level folder called "Projects". Often, within a Projects sub folder, I would like to put a relevant engineering idea I have found into the related Project sub folder, but now it isn't in the main "Engineering References" sub folder back under Doc. It would be very handy to have the proposed multiple copies button show me a (multi-column, if needed) display of all folders and, allow me to put one instance into the main "Engineering References" sub folder, and another instance into the relevant "Projects" sub folder with a single click for each copy operation. If such a feature exists in Chrome, I sure can't find it. With TB sized hard disks, multiple link entries would surely not create a problem.

It seems to me that those of us who value their bookmarks collection could use some kind of downsized/simplified SQL database tool here. I wish you the best luck in designing your own personal filing system. It would help to find a small book filled with ideas for creating your own personal filing structure. At least, I could surely use one. . . .

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree Bob. One problem that popped up for me was one time I ran a piece of software that was to find "dead" references in my Favorites. It worked; however it then changed all the "last used" dates on the "live" ones to the date I ran that software.
    So, when I tried one day to find very old Favorites that I no longer used/needed, well you can guess the rest.
    Dick

Lounger
    Thanks
    This might be a ludicrous suggestion, but have you considered switching over to an actual bookmarking/pin board type of site? I started using one when my bookmarks were getting really out of hand. I've found it incredibly useful...and so much less time consuming than searching through loads of files...there are various ones out there, but I use Pinterest. If you have many sites filed that do not have images associated with them, a different bookmarking site might work better for you.
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion ERin. I'll look in to this idea.

Dick

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hope you find one that works for you, Dick. Have enjoyed exploring the options...
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12