New Lounger
    Thanks

Want to join Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials and QNAP Storage Server: Possible?

I am a former Windows Home Server user who has had to migrate (read as ‘start from scratch’) to a Windows 2012 R2 Essentials Server running as a Workgroup (i.e. not Active Domain). The server is primarily to backup 6 PCs / Laptops.

I also have a QNAP TS-410 (4 x 4TB) [Linux] storage server for my movies, music, photos etc…

I have access to the QNAP files and folders on the Network from Windows Explorer on my Essentials Server (and from all my PCs and Laptops).

I can access my QNAP Server remotely using any browser. I can also access my Essentials Server dashboard from a browser remotely using the Anywhere Access facility.

(a) Is it possible for the Essentials Server to see the QNAP server as a Device?
    (b) Is it possible for the QNAP folders to be seen by the Essentials Server as Server Folders?

I do not want to purchase any 3rd party software.

Any ideas you clever people?

Stormy1954

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    The QNAP device is already a server so I doubt you will be able to add it as a managed device on your Windows server. Actually the QNAP device makes the Windows server redundant.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    The QNAP device is already a server so I doubt you will be able to add it as a managed device on your Windows server. Actually the QNAP device makes the Windows server redundant.

cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul. I had thought this might be the case but I had hoped someone might be able to encourage my laziness.....

Stormy1954