Star Lounger
    Thanks

journalizing tasks (OL 2000)

I use calendaring and task notes extensively as daily "to do" lists and tickler reminders of important projects "in the future." When finished with a task, I check the box and it disappears off my list. Sometimes, however, the task pops up on one date and is not completed until a subsequent date. For evidentiary purposes, if I needed to prove that a project task was completed on a certain date, if I needed to go back to June, 2001, for example, and show a completion of a task, how do other organizations provide such "proof?"

ileacy

Re: journalizing tasks (OL 2000)

Change task View from "Active Tasks" to "Completed Tasks"

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry my question was so basic, but I'm glad to have the answer.

Another question under the heading of "working smarter, not longer", I schedule task "A". Resolving the task involves sending an email to "B". I have been scheduling another task "C" which reminds me to see if there has been a response by "B" to the email. Is there a smarter way of setting the response reminder at the same time that I'm sending the email without having to involve tasks?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you're composing the message click the button labeled Options, and select the check box labelled Request a read receipt for this message, as follows:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The read receipt tells me the recipient got the message and opened it (not that they necessarily read it). I t sends a return message. However, it doesn't place a message in the task folder to check back with that person if a response to the message is not forthcoming by a certain deadline. Or does it?