Lounger
    Thanks

Streaming Internet audio to home theater system

I recently purchased a home theater system (an Onkyo TX-NR535) that can connect to my home WiFi system. My PC is a Dell 8700 running System 7 with Windows Media Player 12.

After some trial and error, I've figured out how to stream music files stored on the PC to the home theater system using Windows Media Player and DLNA. What I can't figure out how to do is stream an audio file that resides on the Internet from the PC to the home theater system. The home theater system has "Internet radio" capability, and can connect to sites like Spotify, Pandora and Tune-in. However, there are lots of specific Web sites that offer streaming audio that aren't listed on any of these sites. One I've been listening to today is the Retro Cocktail Hour. They offer podcasts of past programs here. I'd love to be able to listen to those podcasts on my home theater system without first downloading an entire file from the Web site (and to be honest, I'm not even sure how I would go about that).

Is there any way to set up Windows Media Player to stream this sort of podcast to my home theater system without having to somehow download the entire file to the PC first? If I first need to download the entire file, is there a foolproof way to do that?

--Larry

Edited to add that if there are alternatives to Windows Media Player that I could use to accomplish this, I'm open to suggestions!
    Last edited by larryc43230; 2014-05-17 at 10:47.

Lounger
    Thanks
    After some additional reading, I'm more confused than ever. According to at least some sources, podcasts are a different animal, and are meant to be downloadable. These files aren't.

--Larry