2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question and maybe a problem with updates

I'll try to keep this short and simple. After reading Susan's list of what to update and what to pass on, I began this morning to do those updates. But I saw some things occur which I just want to see if something got broken on my systems.

1) I first installed the Internet Explorer security patch on all systems, no issue. Rebooted. Then I installed the NET 3.5; got the installed, review other updates so I went and then updated the NET 4.0. Got the same thing; installed review other updates. But I went ahead and rebooted all the systems. This is the first sign of something different. Getting back to the desktops I notice that the bubble that tells me whether Windows did an update and if you want to view it never came up (left system on for 17 minutes) nor does the bubble come up advising me I have more updates to install. I checked the custom settings for notifications and all the computers are set to "Only show notifications". I do see the Windows update icon in the start-up, but no bubble pops up to confirm the installation nor that I have more to do. I do not recall what the custom setting should be; can someone let me know?

2) I am not an expert with NET Frameworks, but I also noticed this on 2 of my systems. After the installing of both 3.5 and 4.0 updates, only two of my systems are now showing some old NET Framework updates from 2011 and 2012 to be installed. Does this mean my NET Frameworks are broken some how or should I just re-install them?

I apologize to be so trivial, but I when I see something not ordinary I just want to make sure I can fix something (if it is broken) before moving on. Thanks
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I ran in to more problems, all my Office 2010 updates are now gone. Thank God for Macrium, I am back in business and everything has now installed fine. Strange though.
    "Every Thing Changes but Change Itself"

[Core I7 6700][Asus Maximus VIII Hero][8GB G.Skill memory][Asus GTX 980Ti Strix][1 x 512GB Samsung 950 Pro][850W Seasonic PSU][Antec 900][Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit][2 x Asus PG278Q]

[Core I5 2500k][Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1)][8GB Corsair memory][Asus ENGT430][1 x 90GB Corsair GT SSD][650W Corsair PSU][Thermaltake DH-202][Windows 7 Home, 64-bit][65" Panasonic Plasma T.V.]