Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    2 Star Lounger AlanWade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Hyperlink Problem

    I changed the language of Excel from Swedish to Polish and all of my buttons that had hyperlinks, when clicked displayed an error which said Incorrect Reference. The hyperlinks were to other sheets in the workbook and when I have switched to English they have worked so why or rather what gives this error?

    Thanks

    Alan

  2. #2
    WS Lounge VIP sdckapr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    11,225
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 342 Times in 335 Posts
    Have the sheet names changed with the language name? I don't work alot with languages, but have noticed the generic English Sheet1, Sheet2, etc are changed with different language versions. If the hyperlink is to Sheet1, but Sheet1 gets changed, it will no longer be valid...

    [Note if you hover over the hyperlink it should display a popup of what it is linked to. Is that link correct?]
    Steve

  3. #3
    2 Star Lounger AlanWade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    What I did was copy the workbook to a laptop then change the language as it was for a Polish workmate Steve. The hyperlinks seemed to be fine but clicking on them produced the above error message. When I changed the language back and forth they worked in English and Swedish but not in Polish. I have recreated the links with the Polish language pack installed and active, it wernt easy as I dont understand one single word of the language, but it seems to work again now.

    Thanks for the suggestions
    Alan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •