New Lounger
    Thanks

Compile error with Excel 2010 spreadsheet

I figured this out, had to do run>Reset

Hello All

I've searched everywhere and found a few references to this issue but have not been able to follow the suggested resolutions because I don't have the options available.

I am trying to open a document with macros stored on a server. The document will work everywhere EXCEPT one computer which was recently replaced.

When opening I receive Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications: Compile error: Can't find project or library (click OK or help). The solutions I have seen want me to go to Tools > References and look for the missing library but this option is greyed out for me.

ScreenHunter_06 May. 16 11.01.jpgScreenHunter_05 May. 16 10.59.jpg
    Last edited by twinglestech; 2014-05-16 at 13:43. Reason: solved

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinglestech View Post
    I figured this out, had to do run>Reset

Hello All

I've searched everywhere and found a few references to this issue but have not been able to follow the suggested resolutions because I don't have the options available.

I am trying to open a document with macros stored on a server. The document will work everywhere EXCEPT one computer which was recently replaced.

When opening I receive Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications: Compile error: Can't find project or library (click OK or help). The solutions I have seen want me to go to Tools > References and look for the missing library but this option is greyed out for me.

ScreenHunter_06 May. 16 11.01.jpgScreenHunter_05 May. 16 10.59.jpg
    Searching for a missing reference is the way to go here.

Is your macro stuck in break mode? Click on on the Reset button on the VB Editor toolbar or go into the Run menu and select Reset, then try accessing Tools. References...