Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Googled Comcast for your area and see what you mean - stacks of complaints about outages.

If FIOS is so close, what are the practicalities of extending the connection to your home ?

Not sure if Comcast cable could improve if this merger goes ahead http://www.ibj.com/comcast-planning-.../article/47387

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

steve260 (2014-05-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Your link to the article confirms what I suspected was going to happen with Comcast here. I expect things may get worse before they could ever get better though since we will be under the "Spinco" until Charter takes over later. So it will be interesting. From what I can find, Charter does a somewhat better job of providing reliable and faster internet service, but only marginal. With the strangle hold these cable providers have over us it's hard to be optimistic about a better outcome soon.

No chance of getting FIOS here. Expansion of fiber networks to the home has died here, as it has most places. Our market here (our community) is just not quite big enough to see a lot of innovation or investment. Thanks for the link.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I think the pending merger could be the reason for Comcast's dire service as they could be reluctant to spend money on maintaining/improving a system they are in the process of offloading.

The article said the merger wasn't expected to be completed until the end of the year, so a Google on Charter's complaints/performance after that could determine if it would be worth your while switching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12