Star Lounger
    Thanks

Warnalert11: redirect

All of a sudden, on almost every web page, Firefox is redirecting to a pop-up telling me that something is out of date or something else needs attention to be able to browse properly. Very annoying.

The URL that it's from is warnalert11.com - A web search found a site for this name that didn't help, a few other sites related to it, but no information about this gets on your system or how to get rid of it.

What's happening?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    The Norton analysis shows that site to be a threat. Most likely you have loaded malware that has changed your browser setting to send you to that site. I suggest you run Malwarebytes and a virus scan.

cheers, Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Running AdwCleaner may also help, but using your restore points prior to this occurring is also an option you could try.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

joro (2014-05-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I ran scans in both Malwarebytes (Pro version) and MSE before I posted this thread. Neither one detected warnalert11.com.

Then I tried AdwCleaner, which found and deleted the link. Thanks.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad that you were able to get it sorted.