New Lounger
    Thanks

To Clone or Image HDD

Hello all. ( I am low to moderate knowledge of software )

Dilemma: Smaller company bought a copy of Autocad on Ebay. Since it was purchased by another entity and not my company, I can not transfer it to another more powerful Laptop. (legally apparently)

I have an excellent laptop that I am wanting to move it onto to utilize. Should I Clone my current laptop and install that HDD into my new one and run them completely partitioned ( separate O/S and all) or try to Image the programs that I want only and use two HDDs together?

I am frustrated as the current laptop has an older CPU and my reports are extremely large. (these being word doc reports and actually no A-Cad work in them).

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Dilemma: Smaller company bought a copy of Autocad on Ebay. Since it was purchased by another entity and not my company, I can not transfer it to another more powerful Laptop. (legally apparently)
    That's not entirely correct.
    How to Transfer Stand-Alone Licenses Online

https://www.google.com/#q=autocad+license+transfer
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-05-19 at 20:08.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After talking several times with people at Autodesk, essentially we are screwed, we do not own the license to the copy we have, since it was purchased from Ebay/ 3rd party.

Thanks
    What you were originally asking is 10 times the difficulty with absolutely no guarantee that it will even work.
    The best advice anyone can give you, especially from a business perspective, is re-purchase your own LEGAL copy of the software.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.