New Lounger
    Thanks

Logitech keyboard and trackball not recognized in 64-bit Windows 7

I just built a Windows 7 desktop. Most things are working fine, but it doesn't recognize my Logitech keyboard (USB illuminated keyboard Y-UY95) and USB Trackman Wheel. These work fine on my old XP desktop and a friend's Win 7 64 bit laptop. They also seem alive when I boot into UEFI/BIOS, but once Windows starts, they're dead. Tech support thinks they ought to run just fine under HID. The last time I looked at Device Manager, trackman (no caps) was listed among the human interface devices, but was reported as lacking a driver. I can't find any drivers. I've tried all the USB ports. I'm not quite dead in the water, since I have an old PS/2 IBM keyboard and a Toshiba mouse that work. But I am very annoyed and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried the installation with the Smart Installer http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/suppor...osid=14&bit=64

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I downloaded the full installer. It appeared to only install a program called SetPoint, which enables the user to configure the hardware. I'll have another look at it.

Thank you for your response.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the keyboard driver download from http://www.nodevice.com/download/dri...ch+y-uy95.html

I've downloaded and Saved the .zip and didn't get any notifications from Norton or Windows Smartscreen Filter which is a bit odd, but there didn't appear to be anything bundled with it either.

The file size seems to be about the same as the Smart Installer but the site does list it as the keyboard driver.

If you want to give it a go, create a restore point first.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've now solved this by reinstalling Windows 7. Apparently there was something wrong with the initial install. Fortunately, I hadn't gotten very far with software installation, so I'm just basically starting over. Still a bit of work to do since the new installation went on the wrong disk, but I can deal with that. Thanks for your help.

Martha

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad you were able to sort it and thanks for the update.