Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

SystHeal trial is a scam

This added on June 2, 2014Systheal has been in contact with me about this post. Much of what has happened between that company and myself has done little to change my opinion. However, the use of the word "scam" was not necessary. If I could I would remove that word. It appears that my efforts to remove the trial program from my wife's computer have been successful. Though those were my own efforts and not those sent by the company.

I have posed several questions to the company and they have not answered those questions. I am still troubled by the need to purchase SystHeal before the trial software can be removed. Exercise good judgement.

If it were not for my experience with a couple of "optimizers" I would probably concur with the post "ruirib" in which the suggestion is made that "all optimizers are the ..........." But I have had good results from MaceCraft's JV16 and PC Cleaner.

At the encouragement of "Windows Secrets" editor, I am posting the following memo which I wrote.

Dear editor,

This is in the form of a story about things that should be avoided when dealing with computers – or I suppose most other dealings.

During the past few days my wife has been plagued with a pop-up that is telling her a program has completed a scan of the computer and has found a few thousand errors and problems. OK, things like that happen so I told her to close the window and proceed with what she wanted to do. That was OK for the first few times but then the program became more insistent and refused to be closed. It could be forced to close from “Task Manager”, but came back. After several occurrences, I thought it could be uninstalled using the built in Windows Uninstaller. The program was not listed! I could find the place on the hard drive using the properties of the program. So – there was an “Uninstall.exe” which should mean that it would do its thing and the program would be gone. Well – think again! Over the top of the program window an “Uninstall Manager” appeared, but there was no listing for the program at fault.

With the thought that perhaps the “trial version” had installed incorrectly, I reinstalled the program. “Uninstall Manager” appeared but did not list the program. OK. There is a phone number and a website and I used the phone to contact the “24/7” support people. I very quickly reached a person who could speak only in a very heavy accent. An accent that meant that I, as a severely hearing impaired person could not understand enough to make sense of what the person was saying. Finally, I asked that the person transfer the call to someone who could speak understandable English. The call was transferred. The result, another person, male this time, who continued to speak in such poor English that I could understand only about 10% of what he said. What I did understand was that I could not uninstall the program without buying a license. The man told me two or three times that I would have to buy the program before I could uninstall it.

I hung up the phone!

The program is called “SystHeal optimizer”. It is marketed and perhaps created by “GA Technocare” located in Noida India. So at least I know why I was unable to understand any of the support people because the accent of Indian people is very difficult for me to deal with. The program has a cost of $79.99, but you can buy it for only $69.99 NOW. OH YES – there is a free trial! Yeah Right!

That was not much help because when I did try to buy the program, I could not complete the process.

What I did resort to eventually, was to delete the folder where the program was found. I knew enough to recognize that this left registry entries behind. At that point I used MaceCrafts jv16 registry cleaner which did manage to remove most, but not all, of the references to the program. Even after 3 or 4 iterations of the registry cleaner, there persists at least two and probably more references in the registry.

For the present, my wife has her computer working OK. What will happen tomorrow? I don’t know.

I may end up buying to program yet, just to remove the thing from her computer.

Thanks for listening and you may use this in whatever way you see fit. Or NOT.

Since sending that memo to "Windows Secrets", the computer has been free of annoying and potential harmful popups for which I am very happy. But there is more to the story unfolding today. During the time beginning at 10:05 a.m. on May 20 until the time I am writing this at 1:39 p.m. there have been no less than 15 calls coming in from "Private Name - Unknown Number". Upon answering the latest of these calls, I found that they were coming from a "boiler room" for GA Technocare. As before, the person on the other end of the conversation was speaking in an accented English, which I could not understand because of my hearing disability. I did understand just enough to realize that he was talking about my frustration and anger about "SystHeal Optimizer". Finally after about 2 minutes, during which I tried to have the person speak so I could understand, he abruptly terminated the call. "SystHeal Optimizer" has a website "www.systheal.com for anyone who wishes to look at what they are trying to sell.

My advice - stay away.
    Last edited by BeetTrucker; 2014-06-02 at 15:29. Reason: Contact with Systheal company

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BeetTrucker For This Useful Post:

ClassySassy (2014-06-12)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up. Those sorts of programs always seem to be a scam. Hope someone else takes heed.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even the reviews at CNET appear to be fake http://download.cnet.com/SystHeal-Op...6090283-1.html

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Probably due to your anger and frustration, you overlooked the easiest option of using your restore points to get rid of it which you could still use which would remove the residue.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-05-20 at 16:12.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The point made by 5 Star Lounger is very welcome. You are right, I did not consider using a "restore point". However, I am not even sure that a restore point have been created as a result of the way in which the software was presented on my wife's computer. I do not know when the trial version of the software was actually installed. I believe that it came as a result of some response to a pop-up. At the present time, I do not have access to the infected computer. When I do have access I will exercise additional searching.

The folks at "SystHeal" have sent me a means of "removing" the trial version. But I have not been able to try to use their trial. They are also, understandably anxious that my post be removed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Have you tried their suggested removal strategy?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried Revo Free Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html to remove it. Use the most aggressive setting.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Not agree with you

I purchased SYSTHEAL optimizer with 5 user licenses and I am going to repeat my purchase on 5 more licenses.The Optimizer and all its associated "task managers" are great---and really do work!!!I was able to "bring-back-life 1 early XP desktop,2 older xp-vista desktops,1 older laptop,and one 5 year old
    laptop.All of these computers were becoming more of a problem than I felt they were worth but now they are all used every day and do there appointed tasks.

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mike19 For This Useful Post:

joe.osisek (2014-05-29)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike19 View Post
    I purchased SYSTHEAL optimizer...
    What's the employee discount?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Optimizers, all of them, are the snake oil of the computing software market.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In reply to ruirib. I have not had access to the infected computer. When I do I will give their "removal strategy" a try. I'll report what happens.

Administrator
    Thanks
    A word of advice, to recent registrants who, all of a sudden, have an opinion on this "crucial" subject - don't overdo it. Some things are too obvious ...
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks

Got Good Optimizer (Systheal) in very Less Price

Accidentally Systheal optimizer get into my computer and start showing error pop ups . I called on 24/7 Toll free number(flashing on software). They told me to purchase the licence key to remove this error and pop ups. I paid $69.99 to purchase the licence key, after activation of the software, whoa i surprised because my computer was working very slow before systheal. After scanning my PC from systheal, i click on fix now button on software. Now my computer is working like brand new computer.
    Will purchase again on my wife computer.

Thank you SystHeal for your Great software..

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.osisek View Post
    Accidentally Systheal optimizer get into my computer and start showing error pop ups . I called on 24/7 Toll free number(flashing on software). They told me to purchase the licence key to remove this error and pop ups. I paid $69.99 to purchase the licence key, after activation of the software, whoa i surprised because my computer was working very slow before systheal. After scanning my PC from systheal, i click on fix now button on software. Now my computer is working like brand new computer.
    Will purchase again on my wife computer.

Thank you SystHeal for your Great software..
    That sounds to me like you paid $69.99 to get rid of adware - great endorsement to steer well clear

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don`t think its a adware. I was thinking to go to a local technician but systheal did very good work on my computer that`s why i am saying cheap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast