Star Lounger
    Thanks

Differences between Word 2002 XP VBA and Word 2010 64-bit VBA

Believe me, it wasn't my idea for my company go to Office 64-bit on Windows 7. I pushed for 32-bit having seen all of the warnings.

That said, do I need to add any additional VBA to simple macros that were developed in Word 2002 so they function smoothly? When keystroke macros were used in Word 2002, it recorded all of the steps, even the extra ones normally not coded by hand. With Word 2010 64-bit, the recording of the keystrokes and what displays in Word as each line of code is stepped through, looks different.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    charlie6067

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    There are some things that have been deprecated, such as Application.Filesearch, for which you'll need different code, but most of the code you already have should still work. Of course, anything that works with filenames might need reviewing to allow for the fact you might now be working with docx & docm files instead of just doc files.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]