New Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting Access database Form and insert to Word doc

Firstly, hi to everyone. I couldnt find an intro thread so thought I might say it in my post.

Hi all

I am doing a college course which asks me to produce a form in Access database and then use that form in a Word document.

I can get this to work fine using a Report and the data fits nicely in to the document. I have looked at Export in Access and this offers the option of exporting to a file in Rich Text. The product of the export is rather untidy and it is spread across several pages. Had this export been usable I would then copy and paste in to my Word document. That was the plan.

My question therefore is how do I export a Form to insert it in to a an existing Word document?

I will be really grateful for any assistance and guidance on this.

Once again, thanks for permitting me to use your website.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not entirely sure what the intent is on your requirement to export a form to a word document but I have a couple of suggestions for you:
    1. You can do a print screen and paste it to a word document using the Picture tools to size and crop it as needed.
    2. You can save the form object as a report object which will give you basically the form look to your report
    3. You can also try a merge document by copying/pasting the controls off of your form to a word document and then setting up your field controls to merge with your access dB.

I guess it really depends on what you want your word document to be when done.