New Lounger

Unhappy Windows Update and Run as administrator problems

Hi there and sorry to be a pain again but I am very

First I am running on an HP Pavilion p6330f Windows 7 Home Premium desktop PC. Firefox 29 is my default browser. Now the problems-

I have no longer any Run as administrator commands for anything. Windows Update will not open.

I have installed KB947821 but I am unable to use MS FixIt for Windows 7. I get the same error as I get when I try to troubleshoot Win 7 and Windows Update- Error 0x800B010E.

I ran Malwarebytes and I have quarantined everything that came up as a detected object.

I do surveys online and web ad surfs too. That means I must accept all cookies and I must allow all popups and all adware.

I am afraid that I may have deleted something vital. I went to Firefox forums for help and they sent me over here. The gentleman over there told me that I might have to make a copy of what Malwarebytes found only I have no clue how to do that especially w/o a Run as administrator command to use for Commnd Prompt or anything else.

I used Safe Mode both w/ and w/o Networking and tried to run minitoolbox and RKill to no avail. Neither will open and install for me.

I have tried everything guys and now I am desperate. I have tried System Restore and now I dunno which way to turn next. Can you guys help me like you did before when I came to you? Thanks a lot and have a nice evening- Jack/keimanzero Campbelltown PA USA

Here's a link to the last forum I was at who sent me to you guys. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by keimanzero; 2014-05-23 at 19:09. Reason: To add a link from another forum

4 Star Lounger
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    I ran Malwarebytes and I have quarantined everything that came up as a detected object.
    The problem with malware scanners is that none of them get everything. If you found malware with Malwarebytes, and you still have a problem that could be malware, you should try two or three other scanners.

WS Lounge VIP
    When you boot up as for Safe Mode, select Repair your Computer and navigate to the Recovery Environment where you will have the options of using the restore points and the command prompt which is default as an admin.

If the restore points are unsuccessful then at the Command Prompt type and enter chkdsk

This is a read-only command but will show if there are any bad files and may instruct you to run a chkdsk /f if any found - instead, run sfc /scannow - Option Three describes how to view the cbs.log if it finds any files that it is unable to repair.

You can open IE without add-ons by going Start - All programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) to see if any of MiniToolBox or RKill will run from there, also try AdwCleaner which can deal with adware that MBAM can't.

Click on the Home page icon to give you a browser page.

If you still have problems then run a robust scan with Eset Free Online Scanner - using Advanced and ticking all of the boxes except the bottom one - this scan will take some time to run.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-05-24 at 12:27.